With 40 years in real estate, it is impossible to talk about my experiences in this small window. But I can proudly say that I am well-recognized as an industry pioneer, especially in real estate syndication and education, and one of the few luminaries that paved the way for real estate’s transition to the online world. My current passion is the redevelopment of the RealTown website, where we apply our decades of knowledge in working in and teaching about the real estate trade.
Some highlights of my life’s work:
● Co-created ePRO, technology certification course that certified 70,000 students
● Created the first online communities for real estate professionals to network, learn, and sell
● Built the #2 National Listing Syndication Service, Point2, with over 1,000,000 listings
● Founder of the California Association of Buyer’s Agents
● Member of the first REALTOR.com Team, pre-IPO
● Helped Zillow and Trulia build up their MLS data inventory
Today I continue to lead efforts that bring new technologies to the real estate industry including predictive analytics and “build-to-flip” models for startups.
I am a real estate educator and one of the foremost writers of real estate materials, including several published books and numerous articles. My national bestseller, "The Language of Real Estate", published by Dearborn Publishing, is now in its seventh edition and selling over 125,000 copies. As an attorney I served as a Captain in the US Army JAGC during the era of the Vietnam War.
While residing in Hawaii in 1995, my business partner, Saul Klein and I, founded the Real Estate Electronic Publishing Company (REEPCO), which produced RealTown and Internet Crusade. In 2000, I moved to San Diego to devote my efforts full time to real estate electronic publishing with a focus on the development and moderation of NAR’s online e-PRO Technology Certification Program.
REEPCO continues to engage in new ventures that bring today’s cutting edge technologies to the real estate community.